//Google Analytics

Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Other Container Plants

I recently showed you all how to make an awesome (and cheap!) pallet garden, well, I've also got a few things in pots that are growing on our patio! I've also shown you my container potato plants as well. I've also got a small pallet garden going with herbs but I'll have to share that on another day. 

Apparently I'm just never satisfied! I still want more food to grow! I'm thinking another strawberry plant and a couple blueberry plants...what do you think?


Actually before we made the pallet garden, we went to a local greenhouse and picked up a few plants and some seeds. The soil is the cheap stuff from Ollie's at $2 a bag! What a deal! Even if the quality of the soil isn't too great, I've got my worm farm to supplement it! 

The bag of seeds are Improved Tendergreen Beans. I never knew there were so many types of beans! I just picked the one that looked the most like the classic green beans I used to snap with my grandma. 


I got four Roma Tomato plants. I personally don't like tomatoes (I know, I know!) but my husband does so since he'll be eating them the most, he picked them out. I'll cook with them though!


And my little Allstar Strawberry plant! I can't even tell you how excited I was to get a strawberry plant! It's little, though...definitely think I should get another one. Or two...


Wittle baby strawberries!! They've almost doubled in size in just a couple of weeks!


Ready to plant!


Senor Strawberry seems to be settling in ok!


I doubled up the tomato plants so I didn't have to buy 4 pots. If they grow really large I'll repot them, though. 
Update: Lesson learned...tomato plants need lots of space! They won't thrive if they're crowded!


My little garden in the making! 

What are you growing in your garden?

Till next time,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!