//Google Analytics

Monday, January 14, 2013

First Morning Workout

I need this pillowcase.


Today my husband and I worked out at 7am.

It was intense.

Many of you are probably like, "Psshhh Catherine! Morning workouts are great! What's your deal?"

My deal is that I'm not a morning person and working out has yet to become fun for me! I'm not exactly a night person either. Although, I'd rather get necessary things over with in the morning and have the afternoon/evening to do other things. I figured working out could be added to that without much fuss.

Ok it wasn't easy and there was plenty of fussin' but we did it!


My husband and I *tried* to go to sleep early last night (which didn't work...we were both wide awake till almost midnight) and then got up at 6:30 in the morning to go to the gym. The hardest part was actually waking up and getting out of bed. I think if we can manage that, we'll be good. The bed is just soo comfortable! The actual workout wasn't really any easier or harder than doing it in the evening. So I think it just comes down to forcing ourselves out of bed. 

One thing we did that helped was that we each set alarms on our phone and we put them on opposite sides of the room so we had to physically get up to turn it off. I've heard it suggested to put your alarm clock in the other room...it works! We also set up EVERYTHING in advance. We had our gym clothes ready, our work clothes set out, the dog food ready to go, two delicious breakfast pockets in the fridge to thaw and even set out plates and forks. I was prepared. It helped! We had a tough time getting up so we were a few minutes behind schedule but because I didn't have to scramble for these other things, we both still made it to work on time. 


We did the first week of Couch to 5k again. This is our third attempt to make it through the whole thing! Third time's the charm, right? I'm hoping so! I want to run a 5k with my husband in the spring. I think we can do it! 

We're also doing another cool challenge a friend suggested to me. It's called 1000 Miles Challenge. All you do is walk/jog/run 1000 miles in a year! That equates to about 2.7 miles a day. We're already quite behind but I'm excited to have another goal to work towards. I started a basic Excel spreadsheet to keep track. The first week of the Couch to 5k has you do about 1.75 miles or so but we ended up doing 1.8 this morning. 1.8 down, 998.2 to go! 

Do you like to workout in the morning or the evening? What gets you motivated to workout?

Till next time,
Catherine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!