//Google Analytics

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cook: Leonard Mountain Chicken 'n Pasta Soup


Mmm...how perfect is a hot soup on a cold winter's night? 

Tonight my husband and I had a friend over and I decided to make some soup. If you may recall that I love Leonard Mountain soups! I wrote here about how they are so simple but can be made into whatever you want. I like to stock up on their soups at the Richmond Bizarre Bazaar and I did just a few weeks ago. You can read about that here as well.

The thing about Leonard Mountain soups is that they are so easy to make! They're super yummy by themselves but if you want a heartier soup, you can add a few things and make it even better! While picking my soups at the Bazaar the man giving out samples was explaining how these soups are a great choice for someone on Weight Watchers. I forget how many points a cup of soup is, but he said vegetables are 0 points now so you can add a bag of frozen veggies for a more filling soup but it doesn't cost any more points. The points for the soup were really low. 

Tonight I pulled out the Chicken 'n Pasta soup. The guys loved it! I paired the soup with salad and they each got a second bowl...of soup...not salad. Definitely a crowd pleaser. And since it's great in the crock pot, it was so easy!

Ingredients: 
  • Leonard Mountain Chicken 'n Pasta soup
  • Two cans chicken (or one if you prefer)
  • One bag of frozen veggies (or 2 cans if you prefer)
  • 6 cups water
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • A few dashes of milled flax seed (shh...don't tell the guys!)
  • A few sprinkles of garlic salt
Directions:

Turn your crockpot onto low if you plan to let it cook for more than about 4 hours. High if you want it done in 2 or less. 




Mix in your soup ingredients (dry packet off noodles/vegetables and a pouch of flavorings)

Let it cook for a couple hours. About an hour before you want to serve the soup, add in a bag of frozen veggies and your can(s) of chicken. Mix well and turn your crockpot to high (preferably). I waited till the end to add in the chicken and veggies so the veggies wouldn't get mushy and the chicken wouldn't be overcooked. 



I also added a little more water, a little bit of milk and a few dashes of garlic salt towards the end. The beauty of it is you can do whatever you want and it will be delicious! I also added a little milled flax seed but you can't even tell! I like to add it in where I can without it being noticed. I also snuck some into two loaves of honey wheat bread I made today!


Now serve and enjoy!



Pair this soup with a salad or a sandwich or eat it alone! No matter how you work this soups, they turn out great. They are tasty by themselves or you can dress them up. And did I mention easy? Mmm...I wish I had thought to make some soft honey wheat dinner rolls with this soup! It would have been a match made in Heaven! Or cornbread if you like!

How do you like to make soup? From scratch or from a box? Do you like to add in your own twist or leave it as is?

Till next time,
Catherine

2 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of this soup, but it sounds pretty good! I usually make our soups from scratch, but that's just because I love making soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually ventured into making soup from scratch quite yet! Definitely need to try it soon but these soups are just so good! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!