//Google Analytics

Friday, November 9, 2012

Vet's office work

Today, I'm thankful for people who care about their animals. Working in a veterinarian's office has exposed me further to all types of animal people. The crazies and the normal pet owners. I've seen plenty of people who really don't seem to care about their animals but then there are those who would do anything for their pets. We have several clients who have so many cats you would assume they're hoarders but these people take great care of them! They bring each animal in for its yearly shots and are sure to get each of them spayed or neutered. These people amaze me! I totally understand how money can become a factor in treatment for your pet but it's very upsetting to see an owner give up. This week we received a cat who had a badly broken back leg. One of her front paws was also very mangled. At first the owner didn't seem to concerned about her but as days went on and I talked with him more, I learned he really cared for her but was afraid he wouldn't be able to afford all of the costs. Last night the decision was made to amputate the leg because it was not healing on its own. The owner struggled with the decision to euthanize or amputate. Fortunately he chose for her leg to be amputated. It warms my heart to know he wants to do everything he can to make sure she still has a long, healthy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!