//Google Analytics

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wrapping presents...in October?

So today I randomly got motivated to wrap some Christmas presents!! We plan to turn our guest room into more of a craft room so to start that process, I pulled some Christmas presents out from under the bed where we've been storing them as we find gifts for our families. I figured now was as good of a time as ever to wrap them and get a head start so I'm not rushing on Christmas Eve! When my husband came home and saw the pile he got all excited and started playing Christmas music and spritzing our Christmas-y smelling air freshener. He LOVES Christmas if you didn't guess! He'd put the tree up and the lights out tomorrow if I let him!


I love the paper that's got the guide lines! It helps those of us who can't cut straight lines! 


Looks like a good deal, right? Well I paid even less because I bought a bunch of rolls in January and they were 75% off! I paid just pennies for probably 5 big rolls of wrapping paper! Score! For those of you who haven't checked out Ollie's Bargain Outlet stores...I highly recommend it. Their stock is always changing because it's closeouts, liquidations, overstock, etc but you can score some great deals if you're patient and keep coming back! 

I love getting things on sale! And sales on top of sales are even better! I bought wrapping paper, bows, and tissue paper for really cheap at Ollie's in January and throughout the year have been buying/making/finding gifts as we come upon them. I would rather get gifts this way then spend crazy amounts of money right before Christmas. I think it saves time, money, and energy and it means more when I know I've found the right gift as opposed to whatever current Christmas promotion is going on! 


In no time I had wrapped up the little pile of gifts for our families! Now I just have to cross these people off my list and gather the remaining gifts for everyone else! I'm usually such a procrastinator so it feels good to be prepared!

Do you like to shop and wrap early? Or are you the last minute shopper and wrapper? What about Black Friday deals...is it worth it? What's the best deal you've scored on Black Friday?

Till next time,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!