//Google Analytics

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Home alone

Day 2 of my blogging experience.

At the moment I'm feeling neither crafty nor creative. Our fridge looks like a bachelor's fridge with just condiments and milk inside. My husband is out of town for work I don't feel any need to get cooking. Loneliness sucks.

I know, I know...I'm spoiled rotten. He's only been going since yesterday morning and will be back Wednesday evening (it's currently Tuesday evening). So I'm whining over nothing. I give lots of kudos to military spouses who have to be without their significant other for months on end. I couldn't do it! I'm way too spoiled to handle that. I'm not crippled without my husband...I can be on my own but he just makes my life so complete.

On the note of military service men and women...I'd like to take a moment to sayTHANK YOU with all of my heart for all that you do for us. I can't imagine where we'd be today without all your endless hours to protect our freedom. It would be nice to live in a world without war, but with how corrupt and greedy people can become, I don't expect it to ever be possible. I'm glad to be on the winning side, though.

I've been wanting to write cards and letters to soldiers for a while now but have (unfortunately) never gotten around to it. Would anyone like to join in on my effort? I'll volunteer to print and mail letters if you all e-mail them to me! Even if it were only some thank you cards or a few words of encouragement, I know that they would be greatly appreciated by our brave men and women. Let's not just show our thanks on certain days a year...but every day.

Have you or a loved one served in our armed forces? Who would like to join me in writing cards or letters to soldiers?

Till next time,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!