//Google Analytics

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fishing

Today in the OBX the focus was fishing! Early in the morning there was a lot of rain but it cleared up into a sunny, warm, breezy day. We spent a lot of the day on the beach soaking up the sun and fishing in the surf. We caught a few sea mullets and one spot fish.


I had a salty dog all along and never knew!



Later my husband, my dad, my brother's girlfriend and I decided to head to the Avon Pier and try our hand at fishing from there. Unfortunately about 5 minutes after we got settled and got a couple lines in the water, it started raining! And not just a little drizzle...drenching rain!!  We tried to huddle against the side to stay dry but to no avail. We ended up deciding to stick it out because, hey, we're already soaked through and through! We stayed as long as we could bear the cold which wasn't all too long because it was getting cold quick! I caught another small spot and the last time he reeled in his line, my dad pulled up a crab! All in all it was definitely a memorable time!


This is just a small taste of what was headed our way! This picture was taken just a few minutes before the clouds opened up!

A lot more went on than just the fishing and tanning but no need to bore you all with the details!

What's your favorite thing to do on vacation? What are some of your favorite, unplanned memories? 

Till next time,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!